The Mercado Family



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Steps!


Austin took his first steps yesterday! I keep waiting for it to happen, since he has been standing very steadily on his own, here and there, for a couple weeks now and is very confident with his walkers. Of course, I didn't get any of the three times on camera. The first one happened while Karissa was blessing our food at lunch and I heard the slow, steady sound of feet walking on the floor. I took a peek to see him take about three more steps to the chair he was aiming for. Last night, when I was with Karissa at her swimming class, Jason said Austin took a few more steps in front of our garage and then again in front of our neighbor's house. I am determined to get him to do it again and I have the camera close by today. Here he is this morning showing how well he can stand alone, but he wouldn't walk. I'll keep you updated!


1 comment:

  1. Make it stop! Make him stop growing up!!! Man, you just gave birth to him YESTERDAY, how can he be walking already???

    All joking aside, that's very exciting. He looks so proud of himself standing up!

    ReplyDelete