The Mercado Family



Sunday, June 13, 2010

School is Out!

After nine grueling months of juggling work and school, Jason is done with classes for the summer! Not only do we get to see him every night, but I don't have to mow the lawn now and I can focus on maintaining the landscaping. In September it all starts over again, but at least there's only two semesters until he graduates.

This week is also Victoria's last four days of school. She told me today that she will miss Mrs. Morrison and her friends at school, but I reminded her that she said the same thing last year about her preschool. Overall, I think putting her in the Fantastic Fives program at the charter school was the right thing for her. Now she can go to kindergarten feeling confident, which she will, since I think her class now is not far behind what a kindergarten class does. I also loved the fact that she had to wear a uniform. I never had to worry about her wearing matching clothes, and now she knows how to match her clothes, so we're set for next year!

My advice: charter schools are awesome and if you live in a state where the school deadline is in December (there's not too many of them), then really consider holding your fall-birthday-child back, it's definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment