The Mercado Family



Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! We had a great day here. Victoria was excited to bring me breakfast in bed. She wanted to bring me toast or bread or a sandwich, but Jason suggested maybe a breakfast sandwich. So he made a delicious poached-egg-with-cheese grilled sandwich and strawberries on the side. It was perfect-- he's such a good cook! When I came downstairs they had my mother's day presents out for me: a Nantucket wind chime with a little birdhouse on the top (which was what Victoria and Karissa picked out on their own accord) and my violin with brand new strings on it! It was perfect-- again! (Since we got our piano in the fall I started playing around with my violin again, until the strings broke. They're pretty expensive, so I hadn't gotten any yet.)

My Mother's Day gift to myself was completing P90X yesterday! Now I get to start training for the marathon I'm going to run in the fall. After some test runs last week I found that whatever pain I had when I ran before, after I had Austin, is finally gone now. Hopefully I won't have another baby that big again!


Jason made a lovely dinner on the grill: drumsticks, rice pilaf, and green beans with strawberry shortcake for dessert. My family spoiled me today!


Here's the hanging basket of flowers Victoria and Jason brought home last night. We'll hang it right next to my wind chimes tomorrow when this cold front passes!

1 comment: