The Mercado Family



Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Jason and I were in charge of the activities for the ward over the last year, so we were in charge of the Halloween party at the church on Friday (we have been released, so this was our last party, phew!)

It was a great party, though! We had face painting, cookie decorating (Karissa's favorite, she sat there about half the time decorating and eating), fishing, pin the bone on the skeleton, football toss, ring toss, milk bottle throw, and bean bag toss. Of course we had doughnuts and cider, as well as a pocorn machine, and a spook alley. I conducted a little dancing at the beginning to Ghost Busters and we had the parade and trunk-or-treating at the end in the parking lot.

Since this was our last party, we thought we'd go as a family theme: the girls were cheerleaders and the boys were football players. Even though we each "played" for different teams, at least everyone had blue on, except me, I only had my green uniform from high school (I don't think the blue one from jr. high would have fit!).





On a side note, this was the first time in 4 1/2 years I was able to put my hair up in ponytail while it was still wet! Before I couldn't because Victoria would have made me take it down for her hair "fix" and it would have looked really funky!

Last night on Halloween, the girls were too worn out from the party to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. After a few too many tantrums from Karissa, I knew I was just going to keep her home, but when Victoria told me she didn't feel well and didn't want to go, I was shocked! It turned out she was just tired and not sick. No worries though, they got plenty of candy at the ward Halloween party! I did get them ready to trick-or-treat, so here's the princesses and Pooh.








Here's some pictures of Karissa at her gymnastics class last week where they got to dress up. She went as a unicorn.

1 comment: