The Mercado Family



Sunday, November 22, 2009

50's

To celebrate the 50th day of school, Victoria's class had a 50's-theme-party. The teacher wanted them to wear things worn in the 50's, but when I told Victoria that, she gave me a blank expression. Then I realized that she had no clue what the 50's were! I thought about showing her parts of Grease, but never got around to it. Instead, I just told her I would make her a pink poodle skirt and that it would be very cute. She was happy with that. My mom sent out some left-over fabric she had from poodle skirts she had made for her students. I didn't have to sew, which was good since I didn't have much time. I just cut a hole in a square, made a poodle to put on, and voila! I made one for Karissa too with the left-over fabric.
Aren't they the cutest 50's girls?!
Here's Victoria with her carpool buddy, Dominic.
Here's Austin singing 50's music while his sisters tried out their skirts.

1 comment:

  1. Those poodles look incredibly detailed for not having much time!!

    ReplyDelete