The Mercado Family



Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Easter

 This was our first significant holiday without Victoria here, but it seems like a lot of people were traveling during Easter weekend and weren't at their homes, so it was okay. I know typically college students don't go home for Easter either, but it was still odd not to have her home. We talked to her a couple times and FaceTimed as well. 

Since we had gotten home from our vacation Friday night, Saturday was mostly getting things put away, though we also prepped some food items since we had invited friends to come over for Easter dinner. Our friends, the Remingtons, whom we ate Easter and Thanksgiving dinners with last year, came over as well as two other families, the Farnsworths and Angels. All of them have boys who are Deacons and we have been friends with the Farnsworths for about 17 years now. 

Kade and Erik helped make resurrection rolls.

We colored eggs.







I'm getting ahead of myself though. First, Austin, Jason, and I went to choir practice to prepare for our 1 hour special Easter service. Our music turned out beautifully, as did the other musical numbers during the program. There was one speaker and she gave a meaningful talk. After church, there wasn't a lot of time, but we still got to hold an Easter Come Follow Me lesson and the kids even did a quick Easter egg hunt. They wanted me to hide their baskets, which had nothing special in them besides some favorite candies, and then eggs. I think I hid them in around 10 minutes and they found them in 5 or 10 minutes- 29 eggs each! 

Austin was the speediest.





He was done in 5 minutes!



I forgot we did put Erik's new goalkeeper gloves in his basket, but he was there when we bought them.


Everyone pulled their weight and helped set up the tables, chairs, and set the tables. We served ham, roasted potatoes, peas, raw carrots, and rolls. Our friends brought deviled eggs, roasted asparagus, a fruit plate, and lots of desserts. There were 19 people in total! We had a great time and enjoyed the good company. I took pictures of the kid tables, but of course, I forgot to take one of the adults. I seem to never get pics with my best friends- I'm always having too much fun! Kade said it was the most fun Easter!



A bunch of Deacons, +1.

The high schoolers and the little girls.


I read some touching messages about the Savior and His atonement and am grateful for the knowledge I have regarding His gift to us. 



Happy Easter!

1 comment: