The Mercado Family



Monday, March 11, 2024

Winter Project

 Over Winter Break, between the activities my kids did when off of school, I needed to have a small project to keep my mind occupied. With my kids getting older and most of them planning things with their friends, or just doing their own thing at home, life is different. I wanted to have something to do that could improve my home, while also being available to chat with everyone when they were in the main living spaces, so I decided to repaint the borders/baseboards in our living room. That also meant repainting the high wall in our entryway because of the color change. Actually, the color of the high wall was my main pet peeve, but that was a slightly more daunting task, so I decided to start with the baseboards and then move on to the high wall.

I didn't take specific before pictures, so these are the most recent ones of our old colors:

This was taken on Christmas Day and is the old high wall color and the border around the door. It was all so brown!


I tackled the border around the door first so that when the guests left Kade's birthday party, I could look at it. Nice and white!

You can see the brown border at the top, and the hideous window treatment that has progressively gotten worse. I never knew what I wanted on this window until last summer at the Kish's lake house.

You can see the brown baseboards and border here. I was tired of the brown, but still wanted the green.

Jason got me these easy pull-down and push-up shades for Christmas, just like I wanted!
We'll get new curtains at some point. 

And you can see that the brown is gone, the border is white here and the valance matches the bookcase (Kade painted the valances).




When it came time to paint the high wall, Luke was pretty stoked about the ladders.








Jason taped and mudded the wall corners as we painted.







Everything looks so bright now, I love it! It took a long time, but I was in no rush. Just wanted to take it slowly and keep living while I did it. We're happy with how it turned out!









1 comment:

  1. WOW! WHAT a difference! and a great idea for a project, You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete