The Mercado Family



Saturday, January 6, 2024

Winter Break

 We had some fun times over the break with Victoria here, besides what we did for the actual holidays and Kade's birthday. 

We went to the movies, roller skating,  watched Michigan beat Alabama in the Rosebowl, went for a hike, went to dinner with the Kish family, played games, and watched movies.  Those were the activities that most of us participated in together,  though Austin and Jason had their turns being sick for some of those and couldn't join in. Austin also had to recover from a sprained finger/hand that occurred just before the break on his run when he slipped he hit his hand on a guard rail. Luckily,  it wasn't broken,  but he had to wear a brace for two weeks and it sure didn't look good.  That visit to the urgent care with him made 7 visits to the urgent care or ER last year due to my children's injuries 😕.

I don't get into football as much anymore, but I was pretty stoked about this game, especially after we won!
 



Kade helped make the pizza dough for the game- I think I have a new pizza dough maker!


A warm spot!




Dos Fuentes- yum!







I went to a fancy mall with Victoria,  Barnes and Noble and a thrift store in Ann Arbor with Kade, and Sky Zone with Austin and Erik,  once Austin could take off the brace. Jason and I went to the temple and a wedding reception.
It's the Somerset Mall in Troy and is huge! It has a bridge to cross over to the other part of it, which we didn't get to because Victoria had to go to work. 

I assume Santa's castle isn't always there.

I loved the fountain here!

This was taken a couple of days after his injury.

You can see the bruising in this pic.



This was almost 2 weeks later- still had some bruising!

I know I posted this in the last post, but I wanted to post it again!



I am officially ready to return to school next week and happy to say that Victoria safely made it back to Rexburg.
A goodbye huddle.


2 comments:

  1. yeah! what a fun time for you all, even with the sickness and injury. BTW the mall does look amazing~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Michigan!! The mall looks so bright and modern - very inviting. I don't enjoy shopping, but I think I wouldn't mind shopping there! So sorry Austin was banged up. Ouch! I want to eat some of Kade's pizza. Yummmmm

    ReplyDelete