The Mercado Family



Friday, August 12, 2022

"Road Closed"

 Michigan is known for its potholes and lousy roads, which is ironic since Detroit is the Motor City. How can the state that houses so many auto companies also be notorious for such awful roads? 

Our Governor promised to fix the roads, and that's what they're doing- all of them at the same time!! When I say all of them,  I am exaggerating,  but not by much.  Two very prominent roads leading to the high school and exactly a block away from each other are under construction. We still go to the high school regularly for Kai's color guard practices.  Beck road is closed. Canton Center is blocks long of cones and has only two lanes.  It had been like that since the spring. 

The road by Jumparama, where Victoria worked for a bit, has been closed on one side since the end of November,  I kid you not. That's when my boys were taking tumbling classes. 

Multiple freeway off-ramps, and even some parts of major freeways, are closed. Last month I took Austin to another brain study and my GPS kept telling me to get off an exit, but each one was closed! I was stuck going around in loops between all the closed off-ramps, roads, and one-way roads. It was a mess!

I had the idea to have my kids, or me when not driving, take some pics of some of the construction in the area just to document this summer construction of all constructions. For your information, most of the pics are of different streets or parts of the freeway, and we didn't even get pics of all the roads we travel on that are under construction! Enjoy the mess!









These last three were all on the same road, but it's one that affects us a lot!





These last two are of our freeway entrance. These piles of dirt are here for the construction and have been for a few months now. 




The way to get to Jumparama, or used to be...



2 comments: