The Mercado Family



Saturday, August 6, 2022

23 Years!

 23 years of marriage and still going strong! It's been nice having Jason still working from home. Ford just keeps allowing it because it's working for them. He's gotten into a groove with his improving-our-grass project in the evenings and other things around the house and with his calling in the bishopric. I'm spoiled in this way. 

Last month, we realized that we had a free night at a Marriott that was to expire by June 30, so a month early, we made an anniversary getaway to Ann Arbor for the night. We went to dinner at Los Tres Amigos, explored Ypsilanti Michigan, which we haven't seen much of, and relaxed at the pool at the hotel. It was a Saturday night and it was literally a last-minute plan. I think we booked the hotel only a few days before and it was the only night we could go before the deal expired, the very next day. We enjoyed an excellent quiet breakfast before going home to our still-sleeping-teens on that Sunday morning. Jason had some meetings to attend and I could still do my morning Sunday routine before dragging everyone out of bed to get ready for church. I think they really liked us being gone for the night!

Cute bridge in Ypsilanti.

I loved the garden area by this church, but forgot to take a picture of it while we were walking. I snapped this on the drive back.

The front of the church was cool too.


On our actual anniversary, last Sunday, we didn't do much more besides make shrimp fajitas and chocolate zucchini cake. The girls and I had just gotten back from camp Friday morning, and Victoria was in Utah for 3 weeks before that, so it was nice to have us all together. The day before our anniversary, on Saturday, we were able to do sealings in the Detroit temple, which was dedicated the very year we were married. There was a man from Chile in with us and we enjoyed talking with him and his wife at the end. We went to Karl's Cabin on the way home. I had a gift card from a student that we had to use. The restaurant is on the outskirts of Canton and Plymouth and uses all fresh, local ingredients. The food was amazing and so was the service! 

Before the temple with my flowers from Jason. 

Victoria was our photographer. 

This is the dress my brides maids wore at our wedding. I loved it so much, I had bought one of my own. They were $12, I believe. I have always loved a good deal!

My Arugula Pear Salad- delish!

Jason's buffalo burger. We shared a bit. Both were very tasty!


Enjoying time together alone, and with our kids, has been the best gift. We love planning future vacations together and working together in the yard. Yay for us!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute couple! And fun celebrations to honor your 23 years and counting!

    ReplyDelete