The Mercado Family



Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Happy 44th!

 My students were trying to guess my age about a month ago. Since most of them are 4 years old, they liked the idea that I am 44. They had some pretty wild guesses. Most of them guessed that I am in my 20s, a bunch guessed my 30s, and then a couple random guesses were 50 something and 70 something. The funniest part is that my assistant that day was the 18-year-old, who I had no idea she was that young, and their overall guesses for her were in her mostly in her 30s and 40s. Obviously, I don't look younger than her, but she's a lot taller than me, so that throws off 4-year-olds. We got a laugh out of that!

Around that same time, I had a thought of taking my family for a bike ride on my birthday, it being on a Saturday this year. We can finally put all of our bikes in the truck and drive to Maybury and enjoy being outdoors in maybe slightly warmer weather? How bad could it be on March 12? Luckily, Jason was keeping an eye on the weather so that I was prepared a week earlier for the freaky cold weather that would occur pretty much just on that day! It was a real feel of 2 that morning and 15 later on. I think the regular temperature was in the 20s. I had already decided that we would just go to the movies, which I actually don't think I've ever done on my birthday, so it was a real treat! We saw Uncharted which we all really enjoyed. We stopped by to pick up some Lebonese food from Peepos, a new restaurant in town, on the way home. The food is so delicious and they have excellent smoothies as well!

Kai made a playlist with some of my all-time favorite songs and we had a dance party that evening. It was so fun to spend time with my family that day and to talk to friends and family who aren't local. Birthdays are the best!

The Saturday before my birthday there was a super good sale at the grocery store. .99 raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries! Berries are my absolute favorite and my kids, including Erik, all love raspberries! I was a happy camper!

Waiting for the movie. 


The yummy smoothie!

Some of my gifts. 

Tired after our dance party!

My delicious carrot cake!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day for a wonderful person!! That's an amazing deal on berries - like a love note from our Heavenly Parents to wish you a delicious and healthy next year of life!

    ReplyDelete