The Mercado Family



Thursday, February 17, 2022

Valentine' s Day 2022

We tried to make Valentine's more meaningful this year by writing each other "love notes" for the 14 days of February before Valentine's day. This was for all of us in the family and it worked so well! They were just words of acknowledgment, encouragement, or thanks given by whoever to anyone in the family with a goal of doing at least one each day. They were placed in lunches, on pillows, and at places at the table. It was nice to see kind words from others in the family. We also sent our traditional Valentine's to our grandparents, which is always a fun activity for my creative kids.

We love our grandparents!


Cute paper that I've had for years and was what we used for our "love notes".


Jason and I went out for an early Valentine's date on Saturday to a smokehouse we had never been to, Max and Bella's. It was cute, quaint, and delicious. We got dirty rice to split, with homemade mac and cheese and very delicious coleslaw. I'm not normally a coleslaw fan, but this one had a vinegar base, as opposed to a ranch dressing base. We got some baked beans and collard greens to go with it as well. It was so good and we got our meal in a very reasonable amount of time. It was nice to get away for a bit before Jason has to take care of Bishopric duties for the next day.

Max and Bella's

On Valentine's Day, we just had our usual schedule. Jason and I gave the kids their favorite candies,  little cards, and pop-it gifts. Jason brought me flowers and Red Vine licorice and I got him a stone sharpener so he can sharpen my knives. I also bought myself a session to Train Your Brain with Jody Moore that took place a couple of weeks ago. I made rice creole, Asian pork, and roasted green beans. We had leftover poppyseed cake from the day before when the missionaries came for dinner. 


My favorite Valentine!

It was a slower Monday and nice to see everyone that evening for more than a few minutes! Such a simple holiday and full of love!

1 comment:

  1. I love the love notes y'all shared with each other! Happy Love Day!!

    ReplyDelete