The Mercado Family



Sunday, November 14, 2021

New Hobby?

The kids had the day off of school for Election Day last Tuesday. I still went to work in the morning, but I wanted to do something fun with the kids when I returned. Kai had color guard practice and Victoria had things planned, so I made arrangements with Jason to bring his new truck (yes, he finally got the truck he's been waiting patiently for!) to ride bikes with Austin and Erik at Maybury. 

Jason has been waiting for months for a Ford F150. Due to the microchip shortage, there hasn't been any availability to what he was looking for. Since he currently works at home, it didn't make too much of a difference, but some evenings it would get tricky if he needed to be somewhere for church, and Victoria and I had the cars the places we needed to be at. He ordered it off Vroom and it arrived from Texas. When I realized that we finally had a truck to do something like loading a bunch of bikes in the bed, I was all over the bike ride plan. Austin even brought a friend! In the past, we have done it with our bike carrier, but it's such a pain! I loved just having an open space to put them in.




At Maybury, we stayed on the pavement, like I had told Owen's mom we would because of the last time Austin and I tried to ride on the rocky, rooty, hilly, bumpy trails. It didn't go well! However, all of a sudden I found that we were on just such a trail in order to avoid going back up a big hill we rode down that Austin didn't feel like riding back up. It turned out that we were all fairly successful in completing the trail ride, even though it was Owen's and Erik's first time doing that and only mine and Austin's second. Though I don't think we can really count the first since he was on his behind most of the time due to how many falls occurred. We have since acquired better trail bikes. 







I am still not fond of trail riding, I much prefer road riding, but those boys were sold and I see many more trail rides in the future. With our King Midas, our new truck, I think we can make it happen!



1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! What a gorgeous trail! And how fun to have a new truck!

    ReplyDelete