The Mercado Family



Thursday, October 1, 2020

Life With a Mask

 I'm thinking that 30 years from now, as we look back on these times of mask-wearing and social distancing, we're either going to be like, "Wow, you had to wear masks indoors and for all social events outside??!"

 or 

"You remember what it was like before wearing masks to even think that was weird?? This is all I've ever known!"

I wear my mask all morning, singing and reading books to my students, trying to project my voice in the classroom. Luckily there are only 10 kids to project to, but it still is difficult. My throat was sore from that the first week. Not from a cold, but from wearing a mask, because no symptoms occurred afterward. No congestion or anything.

Then there's soccer, and doctor's appointments, and dance, and tumbling... showing up with masks after having made the health clearance. 

Not to mention virtual piano lessons, virtual violin lessons, virtual orchestra, and virtual choir. So different! 

We wear them to church, when we can go, to the store, to the pick-up at the library (can't go in there yet), and everywhere and anywhere. 

I had no idea life would be like this right now. 

So weird....


Berry picking in a mask.

What I look like in my classroom.

Picking out pumpkins, Victoria had to flash her pearly whites, though.

Austin's first game.

He's the one ready to go for the ball.

For the record, I'm not complaining. This life is so much preferred to what it was like in the spring!!



2 comments:

  1. The thing that surprises me is how divisive mask-wearing is. While I prefer not wearing one, as I think we all do, they don't bother me to wear. Even when I was able to run, I ran with my mask on and got plenty of oxygen. When people talk about feeling oxygen deprivation after a few minutes in a mask, I wonder how and why that is? Is it a difference in nasal/sinus structure? In mask material/design? Time spent in a mask, and thus what we are accustomed to? Is it a personality thing? Or are people deluding themselves? (If the latter, which group is deluded?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, life is better with a mask than no life at all

    ReplyDelete