The Mercado Family



Thursday, August 1, 2019

20 Years

Jason and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary yesterday. 20 is a big number! While we didn't  have a huge celebration yesterday, we will in the next 7 1/2 months, so in the big picture, it will count as our 20th anniversary vacation.

We're going to Chile! Jason, as usual, has been planning since our last trip, the cruise, ended. He's very diligent in reading up on information that we need to know while traveling there, including things we might need to make our red eye flight more comfortable. He's also been contacting old companions from his mission and families he knew while serving there, so we can visit with them. Most importantly, he's been researching what else we will see while there. Chile is a long country and is so diverse in climate and landscape. He sends me information to read and give my opinion on.

Even though he has been researching it diligently since the cruise, it has been on the forefront of his mind for a while. We've been using the "right" credit cards at the "right" time in order to earn miles for our flights there and back. He's very good at that!

And, we have a ways to go, especially me. For one of my gifts for our anniversary, he gave me a Chilenismos dictionary and phrasebook, so I can learn some of the common phrases used there. He also got a Living Language Spanish CD set, so we can both brush up on our Spanish. Well, for him it will be brushing up, for me I will have a lot more work to do! Apparently, no one he knows there knows English, so I have work cut out for me!

Besides talking about and planning for our trip, we got a couple's massage, which was relaxing and painful at the same time. We also went out for Sushi, since we missed the correct time for the free sushi on the cruise and needed our fix. That was mostly our gift to each other, though of course he got me flowers and I got him some German chocolate (thank you Aldi!)

The best thing? He had planned for the massage to be at 5, so he was home before then and we had more time to be together!

We've come a long way these past 20 years!!

We're foodies!

Seafood soup, sushi, and shrimp with rice- mmmm!
I had done my make up right before leaving, which was a mistake, because at the massage they put a warm wet towel on my face. Oh well!

He always gets my favorite flowers- daisies!

I love him!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary to an incredible couple! What a heavenly day, and it's so fun to see the ways that you're traveling on the cheap. It's a blast, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete