The Mercado Family



Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving my mom and Jim came for a visit. We had a very relaxing and fun day, full of delicious food and fun.

We were going to do our own turkey trot that morning, but with a real feel of 15, I worked out inside and my mom braved to cold for a walk. The rest slept in and then went for a walk later, even though it didn't get much warmer.
Twins in our workout clothes.
As usual, Jason did the turkey and didn't disappoint! He takes good care of our turkeys, massaging butter and herbs into them.
I'm always the assistant in these operations. 
The girls are helping me make some pillows for Christmas this year and Grandma helped with that project. It was nice to work together.
Austin is making a birthday card for Erik here while Victoria cut fabric.


Grandpa and the boys played with Legos and made some turkeys out of them.

I guess I didn't get any close-ups, but they were pretty clever!
Erik had his usual Thanksgiving food strike, including leaving the room during dinner. He didn't even want to smile for these pictures. Oh well. He ate a lot of food for breakfast (turkey bacon, milk, and bread) and for snack during our movie after dinner (cheese, grapes, and ginger cookies), so I think the hype of the meal makes him feel overwhelmed.


The night before Thanksgiving we went to the last place we could find Michigan dough nuts and cider, that was still open, The Red Shed. We wanted to take my mom and Jim for the ultimate Michigan autumn experience. One perk we didn't realize in going as late as we could was that everything was half off!!

Beautiful night!

Cozy shop.


Freezing outside!!


1 comment: