The Mercado Family



Monday, January 30, 2017

Scouts

There was an assembly in November, I believe, at Austin's school about cub scouts. He got all excited about scouts and wanted us to attend the informational meeting held in the evening of a very busy night. I tried to convince him that we shouldn't worry or bother with it since he will become a Scout through the church in June when he turns 8. He wasn't satisfied with that. We couldn't attend the meeting, but I contacted the scout master and found out the wolf den meets once a month and the whole pack meets once a month, with a few exceptions. We decided since he doesn't have a ton going on in his schedule, we'd let him join until he goes with the church group. Since his birthday is right before summer, he won't be attending many meetings right away, so he'll have a chance to get some experience before then.

He's only been to a few meetings, by the time we figured out what we were doing and got all the information we needed. So far, he loves it! Erik likes attending with us too, the times he has gone. I didn't know much about Scouts beforehand. My brother is almost 5 years younger than me and I have never been called as a scout leader before, so it's all new to me! I'm excited for my future scout!!

The last scout meeting they had a special guest speak to them.

He was a pilot in the Air Force for 35 years! The boys got planes as gifts from him, which you can see them playing with in the first picture.

He finally got all his uniform the other day, after the last meeting.

Here's a goofy/cute picture of him. He loves hot sauce on pretty much everything. That red stuff on his grilled cheese sandwich pictured here is hot sauce!




No comments:

Post a Comment