The Mercado Family



Tuesday, November 15, 2016

80's Dance

Jason and I were very excited about an 80's dance that adult members of our ward were invited to attend along with another ward. It is what inspired our Halloween costumes. He decided he wanted to dress as Goose from Top Gun, one of his favorite movies. He started growing facial hair right away, then shaved so it would be a mustache by Halloween. He even gave himself a haircut like Goose after we watched the movie to remember what it looked like. He looked great, if I say so myself;) I was going to try to dress like Goose's wife, played by Meg Ryan, but her hair was too short and her outfits were always just strapless sundresses, which would have been hard to pull off, and not very exciting, in my opinion. So I opted to just go as an 80's fan.

Being on Veteran's Day, we went to Famous Dave's for Jason's free dinner before the dance. I got the best salad ever! It was just a basic, but delicious, salad that had a good amount of brisket on it, plus, I still got the cornbread muffin, so I got the best of both worlds! After eating dinner, without kids, we went on to the dance. I had hoped more people would have been there, but it was still super fun to dance to all of our favorite songs from back in the day and visit with friends. Jason did the worm, as he promised his friend if he would go, and I did the can opener, which drew some attention. We felt like high schoolers again! It was one of the best dates we have had in a long time!



My running friend Rosie and her husband Steve came too!

1 comment: