The Mercado Family



Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Soccer and Swimming

Victoria had wanted to do soccer this year, but decided at the end of the dance season that she wasn't ready to give it up yet. I had signed her up for a soccer clinic months ago, so she went and enjoyed the week of soccer to learn more skills.


Victoria is in the black and white tank top.

The boys got to take swimming lessons. Our usual teacher who teaches at his grandma's house, ended up having conflicts this summer, so we couldn't have our usual private lessons for all the kids at a very good price. Instead, I went with the school district a little closer to Detroit, making it a little less expensive. I signed them up for the same group because it worked for their ages. I figured the girls would get that whole week of swimming in California that would help them in their swimming progress.

The boys enjoyed it and did really well. I was worried about how Erik would be with me watching. He seemed like he was going to do well for the first lesson during the first two minutes, but then he wouldn't get in the water, so another teacher brought us to the other end of the pool and she played water games with him on the steps to get him comfortable. He was ok, but after two lessons she told me to just wear my suit and get in with them. That's when it was really good! He got his own private lessons and I got to be in the water too!

Austin and Erik are at the end, you can't miss Erik's glowing white skin. This was during those first two minutes when I thought Erik was going to stay with the group. Unfortunately, this is the only pic I got because I was in the water the rest of the time!
Meanwhile, they had evaluated the other 6 kids, including Austin, and divided them into two groups. He did a great job and I'm so glad I signed them up for swimming there!

No comments:

Post a Comment