The Mercado Family



Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Our New Room!

While there is still work to be done in the basement, we are now able to use it and enjoy having that extra space in our home. Since Christmas, we've had our new TV sitting in the box in our living room, along with the air hockey table, and various toys the kids had brought up from the basement to play with. The easel was often in there as well after I taught preschool to Erik and his friends. I think the ironing board ended up being in there with un-ironed shirts for longer than I would have tolerated, just because there were so many other things in there and I didn't care anymore!

Now, all those things are back in the basement where they belong! (Minus some of the toys that are still in the living room because the shelves aren't finished yet to put them on, but I don't mind a few toys when all those big items are out!)

I didn't take any pictures of the messy living room, but I have vivid memories of it! Now, I can appreciate all the extra space and my new wall arrangement that I got in November in anticipation of this time. I got the family tree arrangement at Bed Bath and Beyond while shopping for a wedding gift. It was marked 50% off because of a crack in the "Y'. Nothing a little glue couldn't fix!
Erik's favorite show adds a nice touch, huh?!


We moved the couch into the main room and set up the TV. It's nice having the wii down there and an optional place for kids to go while others are on the main floor doing homework. It also worked for Karissa's playdate on Saturday. She had twins and her bff over. Erik needed some down time and could be down there without everyone being drawn to the TV. It also worked well for Jason's and my movie night when he had shirts to iron and I had laundry to fold. When the ironing wasn't done, he could leave it there and it wasn't in the middle of my living room!

One day we will get a little couch from IKEA to replace this one, but Grandma Carrie's couch works for now!

Indoor/outdoor rugs from Costco for a steal. I can do my workouts down here too. 

Here's the other side, waiting for the shelves to be done. Baseboards too, but we're happy with what we have for now! With warmer weather and yard work, soccer, and all the trillion other things going on, it will be slow again, but we'll be patient!


1 comment: