The Mercado Family



Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Crafty Kids

My kids have been really excited to make each other Christmas gifts this year. I don't "require" them to give each other a gift, but some years I see if there is something small I can help them buy or make for each other. This year, on her own accord, Victoria started making gifts for her siblings, two weeks before Thanksgiving! Then Karissa and Austin started to follow suit. On Sunday, when Victoria realized she had two things for Austin and only one for Karissa, she started on Karissa's other gift (an American Girl doll bed). Karissa started a project for me that she wanted Jason 's help with. It turned out that she was in charge of the family activity for Family Home Evening, so she decided to make it a family affair. She wanted to make a nativity. She had already made Mary, Joseph, and the stable. Then when we all joined in, she made the star, Victoria made Jesus (Austin made one too, but he's keeping his. That was a sore spot in the activity.) Victoria also made the sheep. I made a wise man and Jason made a shepherd. It was a great project to do together! Even though I get annoyed with the mess my kids make (and don't clean up very well) when they get into their crafty modes and with the junk I have to store so they have resources (toilet paper rolls, boxes, beans, fabric scraps,....), I am so glad they have these talents and are able to put their creativity to use. They are pretty great!

Oh, yeah I forgot about the angel. We just took it from the tree on a last thought. Either my mom or I made it when I was in high school.

Erik wanted to be a photo bomb.

A close-up. You can tell where the kids get their artistic abilities from.... (not from me!)



2 comments:

  1. I love to see the children sharing their love for each other, THey have been well taught

    ReplyDelete