The Mercado Family



Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Physical and Spiritual

Saturday was a great day. I ran a half marathon, doing better than I had hoped. I averaged a 7:47 pace and finished with a PR of 1:42! The best part about it was that throughout the whole race I didn't even feel like I was pushing it. I decided to kick it gear the last mile, but felt very comfortable the rest of the race. I even recovered very well and I almost miss the thought of "training for a race". Of course I'm still running, but I don't have a race coming up to focus on.
It was called Heroes on Hines and was a race for the local emergency crews. They had this old fire truck on display. If you want to see action pics, Jason posted them on facebook.
 It was great that my mom, Jason, and the kids could see me twice during the run, even if they didn't as I finished. (We had soccer for Victoria and Austin). I finished first for my age group and 4th overall for women!

The rest of the day, I enjoyed listening to General Conference. There were some great talks! Sunday, brought more GC. We had some new members come to watch with us. It was great to share the tradition of Conference with them, food, and getting to know them better. 

Conference snacks

Susan and Paul were baptized a month ago. My friend, Marigold, had to leave early. She was baptized 10 months ago. 
Family Selfie!

Cheerleaders at soccer.
After soccer
Grandma with the soon-to-be birthday girl


The kids enjoyed the week with Grandma Pat here and we all enjoyed her help for our busy Saturday!


1 comment:

  1. Seriously, Val - such an accomplishment. Great job!!! And how cool to share GC with new members! You're an inspiration. WTG!

    ReplyDelete