The Mercado Family



Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Talents

My girls just performed at their piano recital last week. They had some hard songs, but did very well and I'm so proud of them! If you're on facebook, you've probably already seen them. I posted them there so Victoria's old teacher could watch and see her progress.  (Just copy and paste these in the url box and you will see them. For some reason, I can't get the direct link onto my blog lately, ugh!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S74XniRLTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXUNHrpRbMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RroKJGwRaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeV2dIi--RM

Something else you may have seen on facebook, Austin learned to ride his bike without training wheels! I was hoping either he or Karissa would so that I wouldn't have to replace the old training wheels Austin used last year. Since he just turned 5, I am surprised that he learned so quickly. We only tried one other time about a month ago. He has been riding a two-wheeled scooter since Christmas (in the church gym every week during the snowy months), so his developed good balance. On Monday I told him we should try again before I went out and bought the new training wheels. Off he went like a pro! He goes all over the place now, it's crazy!


Karissa, however, was a little discouraged when she learned he could ride a two-wheeler. I reminded her how Victoria and I were 7 1/2 when we could do it, so she shouldn't fret. She still didn't even want to try, though, because she doesn't want to fall. I encouraged her to use her two-wheeled scooter more often to work on her balance. She went right to work on it. I also reminded her of her many talents, such as this picture she made for Austin on Monday.
This is the outside.

This is the inside.
She just comes up with these creative art projects and makes them in no time! 

Obviously, my talent is not at the computer, since I could not get these pictures to turn the right way!!

1 comment:

  1. Ella is still trying to get the hang of no training wheels, too. I've got some pictures on my camera. One of these days life will settle down enough for me to post about it.

    ReplyDelete