The Mercado Family



Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fun With Grandparents

My dad and Mary Lou came for a visit last week. The best thing about the visit was that we got to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday with him! It's not very often that people are at our house for their birthday.

I took them to Kilwin's for some ice cream for a daytime celebration. (I was supposed to go to the church that night with Victoria for a mother/daughter activity that ended up being postponed).

I even planned to serve the take-n-bake pizza from Aldi, so I could serve them and leave, but I ended up enjoying the pizza with them instead.


My dad and I both love ice cream, so I thought that would be a perfect, easy birthday dessert.

We even played some games, like "Who has the biggest mouth".

Yep, you guessed the winner!

Besides seeing Austin's preschool, they got see him at soccer too.

No, that is not a white board behind Erik, that is the sky. The cooler weather was a relief for the hot Californians.

Of course another reason not to have cake on the 14th was that we got to celebrate all over again on the 15th for Jason's birthday. Unlucky for him, he came back from work later than I was hoping. But I did get to make a yummy shrimp dish and he got a portable pull-up bar so he can keep up on his work-outs when we're on vacation this summer.

We went to the park.
 Put on shows.
 And went to the farm.
 Of course you can't forget the cow pie with Grandma Mary Lou!

Thanks for coming and Happy Birthday to some great dads in my life!

1 comment: