The Mercado Family



Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Looks

We've had a  lot of extra indoor time on our hands with all this freakin' cold weather. The girls decided to get haircuts.  I cut Karissa's on MLK day. She wanted really short. This is as short as I could go and make it still look decent.

Front

Back
 Victoria wanted short and spiky, though I quickly dismissed that idea until she's older and can style it herself. My friend is a pro and cut this cute bob for her and convinced her this was the best since short and spiky is hard to look cute when you wear a winter hat every time you go outside.

Front

Side

Back

Karissa also got another new look. She got an expander! Victoria had hers in first grade as well, but toward the end of the school year. I didn't think Karissa would get one yet, but I wanted the orthodontist to look at the spacer that was put into her mouth before the holidays when her molar was pulled. The tooth was infected and had to go, but after they pulled it, she had (and still does) five missing teeth!

She has gotten a couple of her 6-year-old molars in, which is helpful. 


Well, Dr. Tiefer said all looked good and why not put an expander in now to make more room for all those teeth to grown in? I am still pleased with the work done on Victoria two years ago, so I agreed. Luckily, Karissa already doesn't eat a ton, so it hasn't made food consumption any less for her. More than anything, I'm more willing to let her drink just the special organic chocolate milk for lunch at school that I stocked up on. This way, she'll get something in her tummy for lunch (she had the habit of just not eating any or much of her lunch at school at all).





2 comments: