The Mercado Family



Tuesday, December 10, 2013

That Time Again

It's that time of year again. It came pretty quickly and the only reason I have been motivated to put up any decorations or do anything festive is because my kids actually helped this year and did most of it. We made it to our favorite Christmas tradition at the Summit to see the dancers there and participate in the cookie decorating, ornament-making, and other festive activities, though I didn't bring my camera. They had a new train display that was very exciting.

To get rid of Halloween candy, we made the "gingerbread" trains again. Erik enjoyed sitting on the table and eating the licorice left-over from his birthday.

I thought I had more round candy, so I had to draw some wheels with frosting.


Some wheels are square...


Erik likes the Jingle Bell horse

Thank goodness for kids keeping me going!!

1 comment:

  1. Our holiday decorating consists of only the Christmas tree this year. We did make it to a neighboring stake's performance of the Messiah, which was really nice. With Thanksgiving falling so late in November this year, coupled with our family's Christmas happening on the 21st instead of the 25th (because we're traveling this year), I feel like there is NO TIME for all the things we'd like to do. Glad you were able to do some fun things with your kids :)

    ReplyDelete