The Mercado Family



Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Joy to the Ward

We were supposed to have our church Christmas party on Saturday the 14. It was going to be a talent show with a cookie and hot chocolate bar. I had worked with Victoria and we made up a dance to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree and taught it to some of the girls around her age. Karissa and her friends were going to sing All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth. I was going to play the violin with the ward "symphony/orchestra" and do a simple dance with lights with some of my friends. Well.... this is what happened instead.


Erik ran out before I got put all of his gear on. I think he regretted it!



It snowed the whole day and the church wasn't plowed in time. On Sunday after church, we had a "linger longer" so we could enjoy the cookies and hot chocolate that were prepared, as well as the decorations that were put up. They did have the ward "symphony/orchestra" play our songs too. We might have the rest of the talent show in January when everyone is back in town. So, if you see a blog about Christmas music, that would be why!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Too bad the snow delayed the festivities, but the snow looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I want this new year is my two front teeth

    Rockin around the frozen trees
    anyother ideas?
    sorry for the missed party

    ReplyDelete