The Mercado Family



Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day didn't start off well. Some of us woke up on the wrong side of the bed, including me. It didn't help that Victoria asked, right away, "Where are the presents?"

Then Austin threw my heart-shaped pancakes on the floor because he wanted circle-shaped ones.

After the girls were off to school, Austin's 2-year-old friend Logan, who I watch three day a week now, came over. Being a holiday, the boys were a little more energetic than usual. We went to a glorified playgroup/Valentine's party with lots of other kids. It was hard work restraining Logan and Austin from climbing all over the couches.

Things started looking up later in the day when I made popcorn after school.


Sloppy joes, at the request of my children, for dinner with homemade french fries, broccoli, and homemade ice cream. We had one more hiccup when Karissa decided she didn't want to eat her broccoli, which normally isn't a problem for her. She also got upset that my french fry slicer from Jason was bigger than her birth stone necklace that I gave her (another out-of-the-ordinary complaint from Karissa).

We had a talk about how Valentine's gifts to the kids aren't obligatory.


Erik loved his balloon from Daddy.

 I didn't get any pictures with my Valentine, but he treated me well. Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Tell your kids my kids got a heart-shaped cake (which I made and we all shared) and a little (really little) box of candy from Dan and I. They will appreciate their gifts a little more then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont remember getting you gifts,but I probably had stickers for you and I know we made valentines...gift giving is now at an all time crazy high,,, the gift of LOVE,,,is the best
    Love MOM>Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mom's comment. If you read my post on Vday, you know how I feel about the day!

    ReplyDelete