The Mercado Family



Sunday, June 10, 2012

La Escuela

Karissa graduated from her bilingual preschool class last week. I am so happy that we choose to put her in it! I loved PCN when Victoria was there, even though it's a co-op and requires extra work on my part. I loved it even better in the bilingual class, which was new last year to the school. She's definitely ready for kindergarten and she knows some Spanish- a nice bonus! Of course she doesn't speak fluently, she just knows some words and phrases and lots of songs. She understands a fair amount too. The best thing about it for me is that it helped me to see how easy it is to incorporate just a few Spamish words into our every day activities. I know we can do more and hopefully we'll be more motivated to do so. Karissa has loved learning Spanish and has taught Victoria and Austin some things as well, which they also enjoyed. My hope is that when they take Spanish classes later in school that they will pick it up easily and have good conversation skills.

Here's Karissa's last day, performing "Hola Amigo". 
Here's La Semilla (the seed). 
 Here is La Mariposa (the butterfly).

Here she is receiving her diploma with her maestra. Bien hecho, Karissa!

2 comments:

  1. Karissa's side view in the second video looks like you at that age. How I remember how joyuex you were,,are,,what a cutey

    ReplyDelete