The Mercado Family



Monday, June 18, 2012

Growing Up

Victoria completed first grade! It seems strange to me now that I will finally have a child of my own in the grade that I taught about 11years ago: second grade! I have saved many games that I made for the time when my children can play them. I broke them out this year: time games, money games, reading games. It is so fun for the teacher in me!

Theses are the things she accomplished this year:
-she can read very fluently (she's reading verses from the scriptures now)
-her writing is excellent (she was always pretty good at writing)
-she can tell time
-she knows her money (is that good or bad?)
-she can tie her shoes
-she can do her own ponytails and pigtails

She has also enjoyed her piano lessons this year and made great progress there. Here she is at her last recital playing "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid and "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from The Lion King.

 Here's all the girls that took lessons this year with their gift from the teacher.
And here's Victoria with her teacher, and my good friend, Rachel Clawson.

3 comments:

  1. I've been playing teacher this summer too, but my subject matter has been puberty and sex ed. Carter just finished 6th grade and STILL hasn't had one class period on anything relating to puberty or sex. So, I've been giving the older two (Anna just finished 4th grade) a pretty rigorous course. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a delight! and a very good idea to do a duet with familiar Disney tunes,,she is growing up MOM,Love MOMmom

    ReplyDelete