The Mercado Family



Tuesday, May 29, 2012

1/2

Erik is now 1/2 a year old. It seems every time I update, I rave about how fast time has gone by, but it's true! He's 6 months old already! He tried some rice cereal a few weeks ago. It didn't go so well. He didn't scream his head off, he just wasn't thrilled about the idea. He still isn't. Nor did he like trying peas or squash. I guess he'll be like my other kids and mostly like table food, when we get to that point. I think Austin ended up liking some baby foods, so I'll keep trying. Speaking of Austin, he took these shots of Erik's first spoon feeding. Not bad, eh?

 He likes this little car in the basement, but he mostly prefers to sit on the floor. He's almost to the point where he can sit by himself, he just need a little nudge here and there to keep him from tipping over.
 Erik weighed in at 18.2 pounds at the dr. and 27 inches long. That puts him in the 62nd percentile for weight and the 71st for height. He still seems really big to me, but I guess he's more on the average end now.
 He likes to blow raspberries lately and drools like crazy! I don't see any teeth yet, but something must be coming in soon with all that drool!
We love our baby Erik!

2 comments:

  1. Sure hope that you are including me in that WE, We love our baby Erik..esp loved the photos. And of course, your creative writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is an exceptionally cute baby. Well done!

    ReplyDelete