The Mercado Family



Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

This year for Easter I made a new recipe for breakfast; french toast casserole. It was delicious and the kids ate it without complaint! I also made them eat first thing before hunting for their goods. I knew if I didn't, Austin would eat tons of candy for breakfast. He ate tons anyhow, but at least he ate breakfast first! Even before breakfast, since the girls were awake early, they watched a 20 minute Easter video about Christ's ministry, Atonement, Crucifixion, and the Resurrection. It was a great way to start the day!

Here's Erik with his bunny that he actually liked to hold. It was very cute! Victoria wanted glasses for Easter, just for fashion. Ironically, after seeing the eye doctor this week, Karissa is getting glasses for real. She has a "lazy" eye like I did. It's not that noticeable all the time, but the doctor says it will get worse before she possibly grows out of it, like I did. I do have problems still, though. In fact yesterday at church I sang The Lord is My Shepherd with a group of women in sacrament meeting. As I was on the stand, I glanced to my family quickly to the left. Since I wasn't looking straight and moved my eyes quickly, my eye crossed over and I saw two Karissas with her eye crossed over too! She'll have to wear glasses all the time and after Victoria wore hers all day today, I guess we'll have a lot of "four-eyes" around here.


Here she is lining up her loot.
Karissa wanted a "K" for her shelf, like Victoria's "V". She got what she wanted!
Good thing we ate breakfast first!

Austin loves sunglasses and broke his last pair last summer. Instead of wearing his sisters' pink ones, now he can wear his Thomas ones!
He also got a "baby" Lightning McQueen, so he had to quickly find the big one to go with it.
Church was lovely and our Easter dinner was easy and yummy. We hope you had a great Easter!


3 comments:

  1. love your French wrap..and it truely is French! All of you look so cute, it is fun to see Victoria lining up her loot just like you did! LOVE AMOUR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Erik looks just like a giant Easter egg - so roly poly and adorable!

    My kids ADORE wearing their glasses too. When I took them to their first eye dr appointments years ago, they both hoped and hoped they would need glasses. And they did. Braces and glasses are very popular here. Whoever started that - THANK YOU! It makes us "four eyes" a bit more at ease with our imperfect sight.

    ReplyDelete