The Mercado Family



Monday, March 19, 2012

Time Flies!

Erik will be 4 months on Friday! Since Jason and I (and Erik, of course) will be in France and Switzerland during that time, I thought I'd pay tribute to his four months now.

Believe it or not, he did gain another pound, making him 16 pounds, according to our scale. Victoria was 17 pounds at 12 months, so we have had the spectrum of skinny babies and chubby babies!

Other than getting stronger and going a little longer without nursing, not too much has changed. I have noticed something about him that's different than his siblings. He does not care for any of his toys. Not the ones hanging from the bouncer, not any other fun things I give him while he's on the floor. He only wants to look at people! If he's left alone, he will fuss until someone comes over to "talk" to him. Luckily, the kids enjoy this. If they're not around, he will twist his body and stare at me across the room in the kitchen, where I'm trying to accomplish something so I can go "talk" to him. So, we have another social bug amongst us. It's very cute, though, and he's going to love all the undivided attention he'll get on our trip!

Au revior! (I think that's how you spell it!)











2 comments:

  1. He is so cute, and I am so jealous of your trip!!! Have so much fun - can't wait to read all about it when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie! Karina likes her toys, but she too definitely does not want to be left alone. She will yell and screech and cry like something's terribly wrong and as soon as you walk over to her she is calm and happy as a clam. I agree, it's nice to have a bigger kid who can help with that!

    ReplyDelete