The Mercado Family



Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mid-Winter Break

Have you ever heard of mid-winter break? I hadn't, 'til I came here. We have winter break and spring break and also a mid-winter break in between. I used to wonder why, but now I just think it's because everyone gets sick this time of year here and they may as well cancel school. Last year Victoria was sick for over a week with a fever and Karissa for a few days. The two years before we had some major stomach bugs. Luckily this year only Karissa, Austin, and I are sick with just a cold. Unfortunately, mine is in the form of an ear infection at the moment and I can't hear a thing with my "good" ear besides the constant ringing! No matter, we're glad we can still go places instead of be cooped up all day.

Tomorrow is Erik's 3 month b-day. We'll celebrate by going to the preschool skate at the skating rink. The kids will get a snack, Austin will get to ride his little car, and Erik will get to ride in the stroller. (The girls get to skate of course!)

Here's some stats on the big 3-month-old.

-he loves to kick in the bathtub
-he loves to smile, especially when his siblings act goofy in front of him
-he enjoyed looking at the sparkling lights at the church where Mommy and Daddy went for the adult dance
-he laughs when his clothes are being taken off
-and yes, he has gained some weight since last month! I weighed him at home, so not quite as accurate, but he's now 15 1/2 lbs.!

Here's some pics of my butterball. This one reminds me of Karissa a little. It must be those cute chubby cheeks!

This is his favorite position. Though I always give him tummy time, he prefers his back.





1 comment:

  1. Such a roly poly! I loves him! I do believe he will surpass Brynna in weight in a matter of weeks.

    And can I just say, I adore the tights you are wearing in your header picture - so cute!

    ReplyDelete