The Mercado Family



Monday, February 6, 2012

Little Duckling

About a month ago, Jason pointed out something odd about Erik's toes. It was very hard to take a clear picture of it, as he kept moving his feet and curling up his toes. Oh well! If you look at the second and third toes, they are connected about half way up. They are like that on both sides and on both feet, though not quite as bad on the left foot.

I asked the doctor about it last week at his 2 month appointment and she said it's not uncommon. She'll just keep an eye on it, but he's most likely going to always have a couple of webbed toes. At first I was disturbed, but since it won't affect his running and walking, I've come to terms with it. He might just be a really good swimmer! He also won't have my distinctive E.T.-looking toes; spindly and wide-spread.


Speaking of his 2 month check-up; I shouldn't say "little duckling", I should say "big duckling"! This boy is 14 pounds and 25.4 in. long! That puts him in the 90th and 95th percentiles! He's a pound and an inch bigger than Austin was at this time. It brings me to two conclusions: he will either be a giant like the Lund side of my family, or gradually go down in percentiles, like the rest of them did, until he's in the 25th or lower. It will be interesting to find out!





3 comments:

  1. Yeah he will just be a fast swimmer with those duck feet! He is big! I don't think any of my kids were 14 pounds at 2 months except for Drew (and I will have to double check on that one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I have seen toes like that on many people, including at least one of my nephews. Love the picture of him; what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, those are the cutest little webbed toes I've ever seen! And I can't believe how huge he is. Brynna is a year old today and she's only 18 pounds. I miss having a big old chunky baby!!

    ReplyDelete