The Mercado Family



Monday, January 16, 2012

Pony Party

Karissa has wanted a pony party since Victoria's pirate party. Knowing that I would have a new baby around for the prep and the party itself, I wanted to make it simple. The kids helped color in these My Little Pony pictures that we attached to a streamer and hung on the stairs. I made this pony cake, which was very easy. It's just two 9-in cake pans and I used a pattern to cut it.

For games, Victoria drew a pony on a poster for "pin the tail on the pony" (not pictured) and the tails to go with it. We also played a horse shoe toss game using headbands to throw over a 7-up bottle. It actually worked very well and the kids did better than I did when I experimented with it! You can kind of see the 7-up bottle here.
We played musical chairs and freeze dance, but the most favorite of all was just dancing to songs that told them what moves to do -like stretch up high, twirl around, etc.


Another hit at the party was our "craft". I couldn't find an actual pony craft, so I just got some play-dough from the dollar store and they made their own ponies and then we put the play-dough in their goodie bags.
I love Austin's face here, he looks so happy to see the candles lit. And Victoria's face, well, that's a normal expression for her.


Austin is trying to help Karissa blow out the candles from across the table.

The party pals.


It was one of the most calm and easy parties I've ever done! Four out of the five invited guests were able to attend, but it was perfect with my three kids there as well. Of course Victoria was the craziest one there, though Austin held his own for craziness. We had one 7-year-old (Victoria), two 5-year-olds, two 4-year-olds, one 3-year-old, and a 2-year-old (Austin). An hour after the party everything was pretty much cleaned up and back to normal and the kids spent the next three hours playing with Karissa's presents. Not bad!




2 comments:

  1. Whoa, a FOUR HOUR PARTY?!? You are a brave momma! What a cute party idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun party. Love the cake. My kids only get round or rectangle ones!

    ReplyDelete