The Mercado Family



Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Cute Boy

Austin has been growing so much in so many ways. Being the third child and the younger brother of two sisters has an impact on his development, especially in the things he says. Here are some examples:

-When I yawn he perceives that I'm tired, so he always asks, "You tired, Mommy?"
-When he sees any sort of crawling creature he says, "Pider, I cared!" (spider, I'm scared)
-If he sees his sisters have something he wants he says, "Mommy, I want some."
-or when he's eating something yummy he says, "Mmm, good Mommy!"
-he always wants to talk on the phone when I'm talking, particularly to Jason and he will actually just babble into the phone and you can hear him say, "and so, um..." interspersed with more babble and then some other mutterings of things he's doing, then he gives the phone back to me and says, "Mommy talk!"
-he does say, "I tuted!" when he passes gas (something he also learned from his sisters...)
-he'll say, "Guess what?", but he hasn't caught on to what to say after that
-he tries to tell knock-knock jokes, but only gets as far as, "Knock, knock- Who's there?", then he laughs

Along with repeating everything else he hears, we have another little talker.

He really enjoys lining up all his trains and cars, but he also loves to rock one of Victoria's baby dolls. He loves to use Daddy's toothbrush to brush with while I'm getting ready, but he also wants to put bronzer and lip gloss on (I won't even let him think about any other make-up choices!) Most of all, he just wants to be independent. What else do two-year-olds want?

No comments:

Post a Comment