The Mercado Family



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Belated Visit

After having to cancel their visit to see us in June, due to my dad's spill down the stairs, my dad and step-mom were able to come see us this last week. Though my dad is still recovering from his shoulder replacement surgery and had to be constantly doing his therapeutic exercises, we were glad they were finally able to come out.

It turned out to be a crazier visit than it should have been. They came on Tuesday evening, which ended up being only the second day of school for Victoria after her week of no school, so we were still getting used to the new schedule. The kids definitely showed how kids have a hard time changing routines by the way the were acting up. It didn't help that the kids and I suddenly got a 12-hour stomach bug later in the week, resulting in Karissa missing her second day of preschool and getting Grandma MaryLou sick. That alone took two days out of our visit!

We still made some good memories out of the visit. One of them being that we were able to take Victoria and Karissa to see their Primary chorister from church and her husband and kids in the local theater production of The Music Man. It was a great performance.

Here's some other fun moments:

Grandpa doing his exercises, though it looks like he's cleaning my counter. More exercises...


Here he is cleaning my cabinet; no, sorry, more exercises!
The day I was sick with Victoria and Karissa, Austin got to wear his Thomas pjs all day and went to a garage sale with Grandma and Grandpa and scored this train that he loves!
One of the kids' favorite pastimes, hanging on a sleeping grandpa.


Watching football...
Baking cookies with Grandma MaryLou...

Thanks for coming Grandma and Grandpa!






3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud for 30 seconds straight and my kids stared at me because they didn't think it was that funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rough week! Glad you got to spend some time with your dad and step mom though. Hope everyone is feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you all got sick, but I guess it was nice you had some help!

    ReplyDelete