The Mercado Family



Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

For my birthday present I wanted to paint our living room. So I did. All last week I painted the trim, put on the primer, and finally our nice new, darker color. I had painted the ceiling the week before and I will paint the front hallway soon. It's been nice to change things up a bit, especially since we've been inside so much this winter and are going CRAZY!

Here's some pictures of how it turned out with our decor.

I'm probably going to paint that shelf you see part of the top corner of, so I didn't include it in the picture.

Austin loves to help me bake. Here he his stirring my birthday cake.
Even though my present was the paint, Jason and the kids still spoiled me with nice lotion and bubble bath, new gardening gloves, flowers, and a raspberry-filled treat that no one else would eat. Jason and I got Indian food for dinner and the kids got pizza. The kids were super excited to sing and blow out the candles with me. I have the best family!




1 comment:

  1. I would love to have several rooms in my house painted as a birthday present - I just wouldn't want to be the one DOING the painting! Ha ha ha! It looks great and I'm glad you had such a nice birthday! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete