The Mercado Family



Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ridiculous!

Our big plan this week, for mid-winter break, was to go to the zoo today (Thursday). I especially knew it was a good idea after Victoria's 7 day fever and the three days following of no school, due to the break. She was definitely cooped up, bored, and downright crabby! She was also confused. She prayed on Monday that she could get better so she could go to school. I told her that she was better, but that it was mid-winter break, so no one was at school.

She hasn't been herself since she's been over her fever. She's been very quiet, for the most part (a very odd thing!), sitting down a lot, and wanting to be by herself. Needless to say, I was very excited to get her out for a full day at the zoo. Well, this morning she threw up twice, so no zoo. The sicknesses of 2011 are getting ridiculous!! I remember thinking right before Christmas how great it was that none of the kids got sick during the fall, not even a cold, which they usually do. Then Christmas came and besides a week or two here and there, someone has been sick since!

To keep my sanity, and because I'm getting tired of looking at the same things in my house, I've done a few small projects.
I got this picture I took of the kids at the botanical gardens last summer made into a canvas portrait from Costco. (They had a $10 off coupon and I think it's still good for three more days if anyone wants to do one.)
I took our old wooden dollhouse that was falling apart and made a sign. I'm sure it could have been done better if I had all the nice gadgets used for such a thing, but I didn't want to buy too much. I just painted the borders of the board, stuck on some nice paper, printed off my favorite quote and stuck it on, and used some Mod Podge for a finishing touch. Since there were the nice little holes in each corner, I thought some ribbon would look cute.
Here's a straight shot, though I couldn't get the glare out.
I also just recovered some little pillows that I didn't like anymore to match the curtains on the slider door on the other side of the room.
My next project: paint the living room celing, then the walls. I'm very excited!




3 comments:

  1. Man, Val . . . I'm so sorry you guys are sick again!!! Glad you are keeping sane with some cute projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way the sign turned out. Sorry I forgot to email you the words but I guess you found them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects turned out great. I would have had no idea that sign was repurposed. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete