The Mercado Family



Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Big" Moments

The other day as we were leaving to go somewhere, I opened the van and told Karissa and Austin to get in. When I came out, Austin was happily sitting in Victoria's booster seat. I said, "Wow! Look at you Big Boy!" and he said, "Big Boy!" Of course then I had to ruin the moment by removing him from the booster and put him into his own car seat. Needless to say, he was objecting very strongly as I strapped him into the seat.

Recently, Karissa informed me that she is now a grown-up. She also asked me when she will become a mom. I told her in a least 20 years, but she said 6 years. Scary!

On Wednesday, as Victoria was getting dressed for her birthday pictures and was frantically rummaging through her clothes, she said, "I have nothing to wear!" I never thought I would hear my 6-year-old say that, especially someone with as many clothes as she has! Check out her collection.
PantsShirts (they can't even fit in the drawer!)
Skirts and sweaters Dresses

Karissa's tights are on the right, Victoria's on the left

Obviously, she is not hurting for clothes. Of course she has more shirts in her drawer now that it's getting cooler since she likes to wear the short-sleeves over the long-sleeves. Clothes are often a battle around here since Victoria and Karissa changes their outfits at least 3 times a day and leave the clothes on the floor. And, as any teenager, I mean 6-year-old, would be, she won't wear any of the suggestions I make! Oh, the life!








2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, girls!!! Can't believe we're about to have our third - heaven help us when they're all teens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! She must be related to Grandma Chatterley!

    ReplyDelete