The Mercado Family



Monday, September 27, 2010

"Dadda"

I totally forgot to mention Austin's accomplishment until I read my friend's blog about her daughter's first word. Austin said "Dadda" before, but it seemed like it was in passing and he wouldn't repeat it, though I think he did know what he was saying since we were on our way to mine and Jason's room...

This last time, however, I know he knew what he was saying. He and I were in my room putting clothes away and we heard the front door open and Jason step inside (of course I only thought I heard it since it was about two hours before he usually comes home and I was highly doubtful that he was home early). The only reason I even went down to see if it was Jason was because Austin said, "Dadda!" and started to run for the stairs! It was so cute and unexpected, and also unexpected that Jason really was home 2 hours early! This was a couple of weeks ago and I was just about to pick up my dad from the airport, so I totally forgot to mention it here!
We were trying to capture his shiner that he got the other day, but it's hard to see unless his eye is closed, but you can see it is slightly swollen. It's totally purple on his eyelid, but I'm not about to risk waking him up when he's sleeping, so here you go!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I wouldn't risk waking a baby either!!

    What a cutie- Dave is very excited for Annalise to say Dadda!

    I just put pictures on both my blogs of Annalise wearing a cute yellow outfit with matching hat that were a gift your mom gave me when she met Annalise. :) Take a look- it's such a cute outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete