The Mercado Family



Friday, August 20, 2010

Zion

We just returned from a family reunion to the Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort in Utah, near Zion National Park, with my extended family. It was a whirlwind of a trip with flying to SLC late Wednesday evening, driving 6 hours to Zion on Friday, then back to SLC on Tuesday and an early flight home on Wednesday again, but it was worth it! We enjoyed every minute of it, but missed Grandma and Grandpa and others who couldn't come. Here are some highlights.

Playing with cousins in SLC
Visiting my aunt Karen on my dad's side

Bryce Canyon Museum
BFF's
Bryce Canyon hike on the way to Zion



Driving with beautiful scenery
Mmmm, sand!


Our hike to Slippery Rock



Swinging

Victoria's first tooth came out!


My tall, "cozy" cousins

Dancing and dressing up

Our huge "cabin"

Looking for lizards


Beatles Rock Band
Kite flying

Animals

My Mom's children and grandchildren


Extremely friendly squirrels
The Narrows




And of course, the BYU bookstore. Go Cougs!



4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! I will have to copy a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We went to ZP a few years ago. Did your kids do the camp thing (I can't remember what it was called)? Ours loved it! Horseback riding, zip line, 4-wheeling, arts & crafts . . . I remember that place very fondly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, since it was a family reunion, they wanted to just hang out with their cousins and do their own thing... They had a blast, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone looks great! What a fun reunion! :)

    ReplyDelete