The Mercado Family



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thumper

This morning at 4:30 I woke up to a constant "thumping" noise. As I lay there trying to figure out what it was, I realized that it was Austin lifting his legs up and thumping them down. I could hear his diaper crinkle as he lifted his legs up. It went like this: lift up and "thump", lift up and "thump", lift up and "thump". He was wide awake, but at least he didn't wake up the whole house and he did go right back to sleep after I nursed him.

Austin still loves his baths, to be outside, music, and rocking out on his bouncer seat. He has also gotten into the habit of sucking on his hand. He loves his baths so much that he will laugh as I take his clothes off, in anticipation of the event. He kicked for ten minutes straight, splashing me with the 1/2 inch of water there was, during a recent bath. His eyes were as big as quarters and his mouth was in an "oooh" shape as he flapped his arms and kicked like crazy. Maybe he'll be a swimmer like the rest of his mom's side!

3 comments:

  1. My question is, how do you take care of an infant AND have other kids? I can't even do it with one! Mine never stops crying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It a first child thing. The others learn to adjust, and you, as a parent, reap from many blessings. One of mine is that Austin really is the best baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so fat and adorable!!! I want to munch on his cheeks!!!

    ReplyDelete