The Mercado Family



Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cousins

It was a fun-filled week with the cousins here from Utah. We played in the front yard in the cul-de-sac on bikes and cars, in the back yard on the swing set, in the sandbox, and in the little pool, went to some lakes, parks, the library, and a magic show. And of course there was someone always eating, especially 18 month-old Calvin! My kids learned, not soon enough, to come and eat when Mom calls, otherwise all the food will be gone! They also learned to share their toys, which they did very well with.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable week. Karissa kept asking after her cousins left, "Where are my friends?" She enjoyed having a lot of attention from her cousins, especially since they thought she was a 2 year old prodigy, singing her ABC's and counting for them.

Jason and I have since decided, though, that we do not want to have eight kids!


2 comments:

  1. 8 kids would be a lot. I am not necessarily against the alot-of-kids thing, but I am DEFINITELY against the alot-of-pregnancies thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Jessica!!! Val, when my bro and s.i.l. came to visit this summer, we had my three kiddos and their six - it was a zoo! But they had a blast and it looks like your kids did too!!!

    ReplyDelete