The Mercado Family



Sunday, May 5, 2024

Suicide Prevention

On Friday I attended the funeral of another victim of suicide.  After being on a suicide watch for my own child, trying to recover from the suicide of my nephew,  and now having attended the funeral and helped with food for the family of another suicide victim, I'm done. It's too much. Please, use the resources available for thoughts of suicide,  or call a friend.  Call me. This blog doesn't reach that many people,  so my influence is small here, but I'm praying that I can help someone,  anyone,  as well as trying to take care of my family and myself. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for this pain!! I know it all too well. Last night, I attended the wedding of the big sister of the boy we buried several years back who died by suicide. The pain of losing someone to suicide is unlike other grief. It feels so preventable, so unnecessary to lose loved ones tin this way. We *must* do better for our LGBTQ+ community, to victims of sexploitation, and to those whose mind demons won't let them have a moment's peace. I'm sure I've missed some of the most vulnerable groups, too. I'm so so sorry, friend!

    ReplyDelete