The Mercado Family



Thursday, December 7, 2023

'Tis the Season

 We got a new (to us) Christmas tree! It looks nice in our sunroom. I was planning on buying one at the end of the season,  but my friend, who has a very nice house, was getting rid of it, so I gladly took it off her hands!

I'll have to get another strand of white lights,  I think.

We've kept these lights up all year. Just added the nativity scenes and stockings!

Victoria's Christmas pillow and blanket. Can't wait to see her!

The cats' stockings are hung on their cat tree this year. 


Our old tree looks good because it's so full of ornaments,  but it's really getting beat up.

Erik was supposed to sing in his first choir concert on Tuesday,  but he ended up picking up a horrible cough and earache and wasn't able to attend.  He was a little disappointed, even though he didn't want choir to begin with. It was assigned to him for the second quarter, which they now require for 6th graders. Even though he's not thrilled to be in the school choir,  he likes to fulfill his assignments. We watched the concert on live stream, though we couldn't hear it, which is a problem for a concert. He'll have to watch the recording and then give feedback whenever it's sent to him so he can receive credit. 

Since we had extra time,  we played the World game he got for his birthday. I'm so not good at geography! I really like playing with him though because he's so knowledgeable and I can learn from him!


He's still coughing a lot and Austin's been coughing for like a month. Pink eye has been going around my preschoolers,  even among some of the teachers. I'm hoping to stave off these sicknesses!



2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm sorry your boys have been sick. Seems like everyone is sick right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Christmas spirit is alive in your home!

    ReplyDelete