The Mercado Family



Sunday, October 15, 2023

A Fall Break

 My dad and Mary Lou made their annual visit to our home recently. I must admit that I was a little nervous about having company so close to Kade returning home and adjusting to our new normal. He missed at least one day of school a week since getting back, due to not feeling well, and every time I felt anxious about it. The day before they arrived, Kade missed school, however, the entire week they were here Kade missed no school and still has not. That's been nice to not have to worry about. Plus, usually when company is here I try not to schedule too many extra things, besides the usual driving kids to their various destinations, so I had some free time to visit with my dad and Mary Lou after work and while driving kids around. I felt more relaxed than I have in a while, just talking about random things and enjoying the fall weather through the eyes of Californians. 

Relaxing outside

Erik's soccer game, where they won 8-0.

My dad and I got to go to Toledo for the marching band's regional competition and see Kade perform. They took 8th place. (Though yesterday, they took 2nd place at Novi, so we've made some improvements in just the last week.)






We made some good Mexican food. Jason taught Austin and Mary Lou how to make Mexican Street Corn and we had a paper airplane flying contest for our Sunday family activity. 



What's a fall visit to Michigan without a visit to the cider mill?

Tractor driving

Animals

They treated us to lunch one day after I returned from work. 

And we got to go to cross country meets.


I love fall and enjoyed our visit!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you and Kade so much! I'm so glad that he has been able to go to school more easily/comfortably. We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete