The Mercado Family



Wednesday, August 2, 2023

24 Years!

 Jason and I celebrated 24 years of marriage on Monday. We got him a new bike on Saturday as his gift and we will hopefully be able to enjoy more trail riding together. Not trail riding as in crazy roots and narrow pathways, just be able to be flexible on the terrain we ride on. We both have nice road bikes and we used to do that more often together, but it's nice to have the option of riding on dirt when we want to. I told him that all I want is to do more fun activities, with just the two of us. We're hoping to buy a kayak next year. Now that our kids are getting older and are more independent, they do so much with friends and don't hang out with us as much. I'm afraid I'll be bored! He got me a beautiful bouquet, as usual, and delicious coconut chocolates, that I'm hiding so the kids don't get them, but I'm excited for my future gifts of fun!



I was pretty tired on Monday- still recovering from Girl's Camp and a busy weekend, so we just went to dinner at an Italian restaurant that we haven't been to in years. It was delicious and relaxing! We usually go to do sealings around our anniversary and had gone to the temple 10 days earlier to do that, but Jason's recommend was messed up and it said in the system that it had expired in June, whereas on his card it said through July. We were a little disappointed to have driven all the way over there and actually be turned away, but we ended up going for a walk in downtown Plymouth and looked at all the gorgeous houses, of which I took no pictures! 

We get to go to the temple this Friday for an endowment session since the sealings are all full. This is the last Friday session before they close it for cleaning for 3 weeks. It's a good thing we got our interviews done quickly!

Here's to big changes coming up with our oldest leaving the nest and Silver Anniversary next year! Yay for us!

Antonio's 

Hike near Buffalo


1 comment: