The Mercado Family



Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Coat Conundrum

Each year I get colder and colder and I put more layers on in the winter, however, as my kids get older and older, they aren't even wearing coats anymore. And we live in a pretty cold place!

Austin and Kai only want to wear sweatshirts to school. Erik only wears a coat because he's still in elementary and they make all the kids wear them outside for recess. If it were up to Erik, he'd be in shorts and t-shirts, or at least a long-sleeved shirt, all year long. He only wears a sweatshirt to school because he rides his bike and only wears the coat to play outside at recess.

 We bought Victoria a nice varsity jacket and it's pretty warm, though she only usually wears it to track and dance practice. She didn't want a new winter coat last year because she was getting a varsity jacket. She bought a puffer vest recently and will that over her sweatshirts sometimes, but she mostly wants to wear sweatshirts. What's with these crazy kids?! 
I brought out this Comfy to wear during movie night on Friday and now my boys are borrowing it, yet they don't wear coats to school 🙃.  Jason received this N chain as a gift from a friend.  I think it completes the look!

Austin's sporting the Comfy during the devotional on Sunday. 



News update: Victoria was accepted to Utah State and Grand Valley State this morning!! I guess we need to buy different school sweatshirts when she makes her decision about where to go.... (after we hear back from BYU, of course.)

2 comments:

  1. coats are one of my favorite things!
    so is the news about Victoria, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Victoria!! And yeah, we have the same situation with our kids. Brynna goes to school in shorts and short sleeves every day, hoodie in her backpack. When I dropped her off at school this morning, it was only 23° outside! But I don't much care for coats myself. They're too constrictive!

    ReplyDelete